last chance to vote for me! and a big thank-you!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of those very kind people who have voted for Marmaduke Scarlet in the Observer Food Monthly Awards.   

For those of you who don't know, The Observer (and its sister paper, The Guardian) host both the exemplary Word of Mouth blog as well as the Food Monthly magazine - both genuinely innovative and interesting contributors to the British food scene. Of course my absolute favourite food writer in the whole world also writes for them (if you couldn't tell who it is . . . it is of course, the divine Nigel Slater).


But yes you can vote for me! No . . . really . . . you can . . . I am inviting you to vote for my website at the Observer Food Monthly Awards. (I'm probably being a bit vain, but if I don't make a song and dance about it, no-one else will!)
Amongst the categories is Best Food Blog (UK based) - they are looking for "the most knowledgeable, wittiest and most informative online foodie." Look, one out of three ain't bad.
What's in it for you?
Well you could make me very, very happy. Which I am sure is reward enough. But if that wasn't enough, OFM are also offering all sorts of delicious prizes to those that vote.

Vote and you will be entered into our free prize draw. There are some fantastic prizes to be won including:
  • A wine lover's trip to Bordeaux
  • A meal for four at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
  • An overnight stay and Michelin-starred lunch at The Manor House in Wiltshire
  • A year's supply of Riverford Organic vegetables
  • A Gourmet Picnic hamper (for two winners)
  • A Weber One Touch premium BBQ with tool set
  • A personal wine tutorial and dinner at Orrery in Marylebone
  • Afternoon tea at Bar Boulud
  • Tickets to the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition plus dinner at the Royal Academy restaurant
  • A year's supply of Cafédirect coffee and Presso coffee-maker
  • Harvey Jones chopping boards (for 10 winners)
  • A tour of London's Sipsmith distillery for 10, plus a bottle each to take home
Time is money . . .Quick and easy - sign here or here.

The best food blog is . . . Marmadukescarlet.blogspot.com (naturally) . . . remember, I gave you the best ever brownie recipe - that's me, Rachel Kelly - she's all heart you know!

What else?
You need a UK address.
The closing date is Friday, 24 June.

No comments: