it's official! borough market demo on 25 July!

Borough Market tweet: it's official!
It's official! The tweet is out! Borough Market have just confirmed my appearance in their demo kitchen on Friday 25 July, from 12 noon until 2 pm.

I shall be cooking a feast of magical Malaysian food, sharing my love of fresh ingredients, a few Malaysian experiences (including a few tall tales) and showing how easy it is to make delicious food from one of Asia's best kept secrets.

If you're free on Friday lunchtime, want to while away some time exploring the best food market in Britain, pick up a tasty lunch and come and watch me while i cook, you will be very welcome indeed and I would love to see you. And if that doesn't sound fabulous enough, you will also be able to taste everything I cook too. In fact, I insist!

Borough Market were also kind enough to invite me to contribute to their blog. So if you fancy doing something a bit different for next barbecue, I suggest having a look at my fragrant prawn satay with a lime chilli dipping sauce. It is full of flavour and perfect on a hot summer's day.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting!! A shame I won't be able to see you in action but I'm sure you'll be amazing. Enjoy the day!

o cozinheiro este algarve said...

Good luck on Friday.Wish we could be there.Have emailed this to those who would be interested.

Marmaduke Scarlet said...

Hi Dom and Rupert

Thank you for your kind words! As you can imagine, I am feeling pretty enthusiastic (not to say a bit like Tigger!) But it will probably be quite low-key - it's in the area in the Market Hall by the entrance where people go to rest their weary feet and probably eat their lunch. I just have to remember to perhaps tone things back a bit and not to sing!

Anonymous said...

Phooey, I think you should sing if you want to! Have a ball, really wish I could be there. Good luck and good cooking!

Anonymous said...

Ah phooey, sing if you want to! Have a ball - I really wish I could be there. Good luck and good cooking!

Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry said...

Sadly I am not there but good luck and I look forward to reading about it.